Friday, December 2, 2011

Don't put so much weight on the scale

We put to much weight on the scale! We act like the scale is the ONLY measurement to our weight loss success. I'm here to tell that the number on the scale is a very very small indication of how well one is doing on their journey. 

 
So let's talk about what the scale doesn't show:

The scale doesn't show how many inches you lost last week 




The scale doesn't show how good you jeans fit now or that you have went down a size
 


The scale doesn't show how you resisted that Strawberry Cake sitting in the break room YELLING AT YOU: TAMEKA COME AND EAT ME! LOL

 
The scale doesn't show how you, despite being tired from work, the kids, and the hubby...still make time to work out at 90 mins a day
And there is so much more that the scale doesn't show you about your weight loss journey. It was hard for me to learn this but now that I have started to lose weight and my clothes fit different I don't give the number on the scale much weight! I scale is good for telling you how much you weigh and that's it. There is so much more to losing weight and life a healthy lifestyle than the number on the scale.

We all have a common goal and that is to go from our current stats to  more desirable stats. My goal is to lose 100lbs your goal may be to just lose 10lbs either way we both have to put effort into it and work hard to get those desired results! I'm in this for a lifestyle change....what about you? 











 
Everything you want you will work hard for it. Make a plan and schedule for work outs and meals. Everybody has a crazy busy schedule but you still have to find time to plan your meals and your workouts...GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I wish I had your willpower to lose some weight, I'm just not quite there yet. But you are dead on, we focus way too much on those three numbers and act like that is the only definition of our self-worth. So sad!

    ReplyDelete