Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Doing Me!

For as long as I can remember I lived my life for other people. From birth to 18 I lived for my mother. I got pregnant my freshmen year in college so my whole adult life I have been a mother. Everything I done was for my son and his benefit from getting my bachelors in Biology to getting my MPA in Public Health. I even started teaching so that I can have the same schedule as my son...NEVER wanted to be a teacher, but hey I wasn't living for me. Then I met my husband, got married and within a year we had a son. So now I have went from being a single mother to being a wife...oh boy! So now I have live for my husband and my new baby and my older son...still not living for myself! I have ALWAYS lived for other people NEVER for Tameka. But that all changed May 2011, I decided to transition to become a vegetarian. Forsaking all meat while still eating seafood, yeah I didn't want to give up all meat just yet! Then on June 25th I decided to 86 all meat and just go all in. On this day I also decided to start my workout regime. I have faced lack luster support from a lot of people in my close circle. After watching one of Nina "BeautifulBrwnBabyDol" Ellis-Hervey youtube videos on weight loss, I realize that some people don't want you to address your weight issues because it causes them to face their own weight issues. I also realize that some people don't want you to mention your accomplishments because it makes them realize a lack of their own.. So I began to let that be my motivation. My husband was my least supporter. He did not understand why i wanted to change my lifestyle. He say that I would change and that I wouldn't want him anymore. His favorite thing to say is "Your are fine just the way you are". Well that only pushed me to work harder. My BIGGEST supporter is my best friend Tiffany Sayles, she has always encouraged me to continue with my weight loss journey. I want to wish everybody good luck on their weight loss journey. And remember its time to do something for yourself, so get active and get fit!

3 comments:

  1. Great first blog! You are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good!! I remember how we knew every place that kids ate free during the week. I have lived my life the same way, I had Ali at 16 so being a mama and caregiver is ALL I know. But in April 2009, I took a girl's trip to Vegas, best time of my life!!! We, as mothers, have to find ourselves, and be sure we have so ALONE time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first blog post! Can't wait to see all your updates :)

    ReplyDelete