Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Have Been Riding the White Horse!!!!!!!!

Y'all I been riding the white horse or some might say the "white stuff": bread, pasta, potatoes,sugar, flour, rice, candy, pastry, cookies, cake!



Why  must these things taste so dang good!

So now that I realize and admitted to riding the white horse...its time to get off and start anew!

Lately I have been eating what I want when I want it! So I to give myself a reality check and I have revamped my healthy lifestyle!

I didn't realize how bad my food choices had gotten because I was so consumed with not eating meat that I disregarded the fact that I have given up meat and replaced it with junk! Now that wasn't too smart...lol!



My new weight loss plan involves having a healthy diet and exercise plan, prayer, daily devotions, daily meal and fitness tracking on MFP( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ ) and weekly meetings with my BFF Tiffany Sayles, who is also on an incredible WL Journey, my accountability partner. I do not and will not take any medications or weight loss patches to help me lose weight, I'm doing it the natural way.

My weight loss plan is derived mainly from Oprah's Boot Camp which involves avoidance of refined carbs, increased intake of lean protein , and moderate healthy fats. Coupled with regular exercise.


As part of my weight loss plan, I will undergone a strict diet program that include reducing the intake of certain foods:
  • Overall, eat lean protein, two fruits a day, and all the green vegetables I want.
    •  Lean Protein: 
      • Vegetarians - Soy Products, Beans, Lentils, Grains and Vegetables
        Meat Eaters - Chicken, Turkey, and Fish ( the key is to eat only from 0-2 legged animals..they have far less fat than 4 legged animals)
  • Keep the fat low (for salad dressing, I can use a little olive oil with lemon and garlic).
  • The main rule: DON'T RIDE the WHITE HORSE: bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, white flour, white sugar —as well as candy, pastry, cookies,and cake.
  • For the first month, I will stay away from whole grains (brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat cereals and breads). After that, I can slowly add them back.
  • The other big rule: I must stop eating three hours before bedtime. Doing this alone will cause weight loss.
  • During the 12 weeks, I get to choose three days when I can allow myself either alcohol (a glass of wine, maybe two; a cocktail) or some refined carbs (one piece of cake, one slice of bread, one bowl of pasta. The key word is one).
Workouts - My workout plan is very simple. I workout 8 times a week over a 6 day period Monday - Saturday and I rest on Sunday. Here is a break down of my workout plan:

  • Monday (day 1/workout 1)
    • 1 hour of cardio and 1 hr of strength training
  • Tuesday (day 2/workout 2)
    •  1 hour of cardio and 1 hr of strength training
  • Tuesday (day 2/workout 3)
    • 1 hour of cardio
  •  Wednesday (day 3/workout 4)
    • 1 hour of cardio and 1 hr of strength training
  • Thursday (day 4/workout 5)
    •  1 hour of cardio and 1 hr of strength training
  • Thursday (day 4/workout 6)
    • 1 hour of cardio\
  • Friday (day 5/workout 7)
    • 1 hour of cardio and 1 hr of strength training
  •  Saturday (day 6/workout 8)
    • 1 hour of cardio and 1 hr of strength training
 I workout for free at home with YT www.youtube.com. There are tons of free hour long workouts on youtube so there is absolutely no excuse for not working out!

     According to Dr. Phil, if you want to follow Oprah's weight loss plan, you have to follow these steps:

    1. Set a very specific goal - Dr Phil suggests that people should set goals for the weight loss as well as for their emotions.

    2. Work out a very specific strategy - will power alone does not work. People need a very specific strategy.

    3. Identify small, measurable steps - implement a program that suits your lifestyle.

    4. Create a healthy, realistic time line - whatever happens, do not crash diet. Choose fixed dates for the weight you want to be in the future, starting with small steps. Add those dates to your calendar, and stick to them. Don't expect results overnight.

    5. Create meaningful monitoring and accountability - according to Dr Phil, find a partner to help you track your weight and things will become easier for you.

    1 comment:

    1. This looks like a really good plan. I am going to follow along except I will do the workouts for 30 minutes instead of one hour. I have to admit that I have been riding that white horse like a professional cowgirl! While I have adjusted my my eating habits the snacking gets me every time. when that sweet tooth kicks in I can do fruit but then I want more.
      I have found that eating several small meals a day does help. also by brushing my teeth around 9pm helps with not eating before bedtime
      (which for me is around 1am so this is hard!)
      Back in January I was going to do the Master Cleanse. With the ease in part of it, you eat soups, veggies and fruits then just juice. I was so excited to do the cleanse that i was able to do this for three day. then it hit me, I cant do the cleanse because Im nursing. I planned on doing the soup,veggies and fruit thing a few days aweek but i didnt.
      I am at a point where i am slowly getting that focus back because I really want to lose 25lbs. The one thing I dont do is the exercising and thats just trifling because I have youtube and I subscribe to workout videos and I have an xbox with kinect which provides a workout no matter what game you're playing. I can even pull up youtube on the xbox.
      All in all I lack discipline. I want this healthy lifestyle of eating and working out.

      ReplyDelete